Career Opportunity at SANEM
SANEM, launched in January 2007 in Dhaka, is a leading non-profit research organization in South Asia. It is also a network of economists and policy makers in South Asia with a special emphasis on economic modeling. SANEM aims to promote production, exchange and dissemination of basic research knowledge in the areas of international trade, macro economy, poverty, labor market, environment, political economy and economic modeling. SANEM contributes in governments’ policy-making by providing research supports both at individual and organizational capacities. SANEM also arranges regular training programs on economic modeling and contemporary economic issues for both Bangladeshi and other South Asian economists.
SANEM is looking for Economics graduates (who completed the final examination of Master’s and the result is yet to be published) with strong motivation in academic research for the position of Research Assistant. The candidate must have the following qualifications:
• Strong background in microeconomics, macroeconomics and international economics.
• Applicant must complete final examination of Master’s degree in Economics (with minimum CGPA 3.50 in Honors and expected minimum CGPA 3.50 in Master’s)
• Quantitative and analytical knowledge.
• Ability to handle datasets and basic knowledge about using different statistical software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office, STATA, SPSS etc.) will be an added advantage.
• Having Econometrics in Honors 4th year and Master’s 1st semester will be preferred.
SANEM offers a competitive salary and immaculate working environment that promote learning and knowledge sharing.
Please send your application along with detailed CV by 4th January, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Detail information on courses studied in Honors and Master’s should be provided in the CV.
Selected candidates will be asked to appear for the interview on 8th January (Sunday), 2017.